At least 6 people have died after towns north of Denver received more than 15 inches of rain, leading to devastating floods across the area. More than 17,000 homes have been damaged, with another 1,502 destroyed completely, the Denver Post reports. So far, the rapid waters have washed away roadways, canceled schools, closed businesses and isolated entire towns as residents grapple with constant downpours.
More Photography from Time
- These are 11 of the Oldest Things in the World
- Window on Infinity: Winter Pictures from Icy Space
- Breathaking Panoramas and Mosaics From Opportunity’s Decade on Mars
- Space Photos: 45-Year-Old Footprints, and More
- Window on Infinity: A New Year’s Photo Album From Space
- Earthrise on Christmas Eve: The Picture That Changed the World